The Artifact seems to have some kind of control over The Dark World, as it uses these items to accuse and torment Lore throughout the journey. The first time the player enters this world is via an altered version of Lore's Room, after picking up The Artifact at Trial Between Worlds. Upon exiting Lore’s Room, the sound of a light bulb breaking can be heard and Lore ends up in the Dark World.
This first section is a maze with different pages scattered on the floor and different objects to interact with, such as a sock and items which are bits of Lore's home; Baron's bowl, the tree stump, and Baron's collar.
- Door: Leads to the Second Room. The door is only available after interacting with the tree stump, the food bowl and the broken collar.
- Broken Collar
- Food Bowl
- Tree Stump: The player can recieve the Axe if they don't have it already.
After you enter a door from the first room, you will be in the second room. This is also the place where you can find a Ledger, save, "try to wake up", and enter the third room.
- Pathway: Leads to the Third Room.
- The first portal (from left) leads to The Tower.
- The second portal leads to Animus.
- The third portal leads to Muspelheim or Niflheim based on player's Curiosity.
Yellow: Interactive Objects
Green: Obtainable Objects
- Darkworld is known as "False Path" in the game files.